What to expect at the ITS World Congress 2018
At this year's ITS World Congress, visitors will not only be able to enjoy an exciting conference programme and targeted topics. Together with ITS Austria's partners, AustriaTech has prepared an extensive programme for the joint stand (stand number: C2-062). In addition, numerous colleagues will be represented with lectures in the conference programme. We have summarized the highlights from an Austrian point of view:
Let the first day of the conference end in a cosy atmosphere with a glass of Austrian wine and finger food: Come to the Austrian Reception directly after the official Opening Ceremony and Exhibition Opening on 17 September at 17.30 pm.
Joint stand ITS Austria
A visit to the ITS Austria joint stand is well worthwhile. The numerous Austrian ITS stakeholders, namely the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology, Asfinag, AustriaTech, Austrian Traffic Telematics Cluster, Automobil Cluster, C-Roads, ITS Vienna Region and Wiener Linien invite you to network and offer exciting insights into the latest developments. In addition, short presentations of the partners will take place at the booth on Tuesday and Wednesday at lunchtime.
Virtual Reality Demo
There is the possibility to experience C-ITS solutions up close: With its own virtual reality area, the C-Roads project provides a glimpse into the traffic world of tomorrow. Here you can already see which improvements networked and intelligent traffic systems bring with them in terms of safety, comfort and efficiency.
AustriaTech highlights from the conference programme
Of course, the ITS World Congress does not only live from the wide range of exhibits in the exhibition area, but also offers a wealth of opportunities to exchange experiences and knowledge with a lavish conference programme. AustriaTech will be presenting topics such as automated driving, cooperative systems and much more. We have listed some highlights from the conference program for you:
- SIS06 IBEC SESSION: ITS RESOURCES TO AID PRACTITIONERS AND DECISION-MAKERS, Monday 17 September 2018, 11:00–12:30
- NS0 CROSS BORDER MOBILITY SOLUTIONS: TOWARDS A SEAMLESS FUTURE. BY THE ITS NATIONALS, Monday 17 September 2018, 13:30–15:00
- SIS23 DEPLOYMENT OF AUTONOMOUS SHUTTLES ON PUBLIC ROADS – EXPERIENCES FROM FIVE DIFFERENT COUNTRIES, Tuesday 18 September 2018, 13:30–15:00
- ITS Systems as data sources for Transport – and Spatial Planning Processes – the Austrian PT Service Level Indicator, Tuesday 18 September 2018, 13:30–15:00
- SIS27 THE VALUE CHAINS OF (INTERACTIVE) TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT, Tuesday 18 September 2018, 13:30–15:00
- SIS35 STRATEGY OF PRACTICAL IMPLEMENT OF V-I COOPERATIVE SYSTEMS FOR TRAFFIC ACCIDENT AVOIDANCE, Tuesday 18 September 2018, 17:15–18:45
- EU-TP1543 Linking of services: Fostering the shift towards flexible and seamless mobility in Europe, Wednesday 19 September 2018, 13:30–15:00
- SIS59 ROAD AUTHORITIES, OPERATORS AND OEMS AND CONNECTED, COOPERATIVE TRANSPORT, Thursday 20 September 2018, 09:00–10:30
- SIS69 SYSTEMIC IMPACTS FROM INFRASTRUCTURE-BASED MANAGEMENT OF CONNECTED AND AUTOMATED DRIVING, Thursday 20 September 2018, 11:00–12:30
- TM 2.0 (PART 2 - BRAINSTORMING): TM 2.0 AND HYBRID INFRASTRUCTURE AS ENABLERS FOR MAAS IN THE CONTEXT OF AUTOMATED TRANSPORT, Thursday 20 September 2018, 13:30–15:00
- SIS74 EUROPEAN COOPERATIVE, CONNECTED AND AUTOMATED MOBILITY (CCAM), Thursday 20 September 2018, 13:30–15:00
- SIS88 C-ITS DEPLOYMENT BECOMING REALITY IN EUROPE BY 2019, Thursday 20 September 2018, 17:15–18:45
- SIS90 DEPLOYING C-ITS SERVICES AND LEARNING FROM EVALUATIONS, Friday 21 September 2018, 09:00–10:30
The complete programme is available here.